Tower Bridge is recognised around the world as one of the most iconic global landmarks and has become synonymous with the visual representation of London. Built in 1894, it took 8 years to build and today 40,000 people cross the bridge everyday with 1000 bridge lifts a year. There are four venue spaces to hire within the bridge and the year round exhibition and Victorian engine rooms are open to the public.
• To deliver a 12-month strategic PR programme to engage the public and drive a higher number of visitors to the Bridge. To secure media coverage for the exhibitions and events that would attract visitors and generate a higher income.
Aneela Rose PR’s Response
• Our aim was to engage consumers by pitching to targeted media with relevant editorial content – based on specific events at the Bridge during the 12 month period. To achieve this, our strategy was twofold:
• Identifying 6 key PR opportunities that would generate significant media interest to influence consume
• Co-ordinating and implementing PR in line with planned marketing activities to ensure an integrated promotional campaign with the best outcome
• Aneela Rose PR has directly contributed to the growth of the tourism business at Tower Bridge
• ARPR has achieved a 600% increase in pro-actively attained media coverage
• 33% increase in event bookings
• 13% increase in visitor numbers
• 20% increase in income