Selectspecs.com has established itself as an online market leader by selling one of the most extensive ranges of glasses and sunglasses on the internet, 40,000 styles are available online. They sell the ‘world’s cheapest prescription glasses range’ at £6, including all the necessary coatings and recently opened its first high street store to compliment its hugely successful online presence.
• To establish the brand to the media and consumers to generate sales
• To generate coverage in targeted titles
• To launch the new retail store in Kent
Aneela Rose PR’s Response
• To plan, manage and coordinate an effective media liaison and sample service to ensure consistent communication with key journalists to secure quantitative and qualitative coverage
• To implement a widespread press release programme, targeting regional and national media with relevant information and high quality images
• To maximise PR opportunities and help build the brand with stockists
• Coverage highlights include Tatler Men, Zoo, Ok!, Now, My Weekly, Red, Candis, Women’s Own, Cosmopolitan, Moneywise, Daily Mirror Cash Queens, News of the World Captain Cash, Financial Mail on Sunday, thisismoney.co.uk, moneysavingexpert.com, Times online, Loaded online, Optician online.
• The client has experienced a direct response to the marketing activity resulting in increased sales of the world’s cheapest online glasses
• Attendance of Sir Roger Gale MP and Town Mayor Iris Johnston to the launch of the new retail shop, coverage in local and national print and online media to announce the ‘click ‘n’ bricks’ story.